For our client based in Brussels we are looking for an experienced Data & API Platform Engineer. This is a long term assignment.
- You support the engineering of event-driven data products, data integrations and API’s by maintaining, operating and improving the data & API platform and cloud (AWS) environment.
- Continuously improve the way of working by adding platform monitoring & automation, coaching & reviewing the work of the application engineers, design and document blueprints, building POC’s etc.
- Part of the time you will do hands-on work on software design & the engineering of event stream processing for more complex features, including integrations with cloud services, API design etc. and provides coaching & guidance to meet the engineering standards.
- Way of working keywords: Agile principles, continuous improvement, peer reviewing / pull requests, clean code, testing, …
You have hands-on experience with:
- Java, Spring Boot & it’s modules
- Git, CI/CD, configuration-as-code principles and tooling
- HTTP, REST-style API’s with JSON
- Micro-services architecture
- Messaging with JMS / AMQP (RabbitMQ)
- SQL & RDBMS
- Docker, Maven
- AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, RDS, …) & IAM
- Kubernetes (EKS)
- Apache Kafka (MSK) & Kafka Connect
- Event stream processing with Kafka Streams
- Avro, Confluent Schema Registry
- Kustomize, Helm
- Ansible, Terraform
- Prometheus & Grafana
- Technical writing
- Platform thinking, evolutionary architecture
You have notions of:
- gRPC, GraphQL
- ELK stack
- GitOps, ArgoCd/FluxCD
- EAI patterns, WSO2
- AWS Lambda
- Airflow, Dbt
- Data engineering & DataOps