For a client in the biomedical sphere region Mechelen we are looking for a Data scientist/ Bio informatican.
You will work on new development of the internal platformin support of new assay development requirements of R&D and IVD. This includes definition of methods and data treatment algorithms and documentation.
Further you will take part in the following tasks:
- Development of tools and methods to facilitate analysis of the data generated during Assay Development;
- Perform data mining tasks, statistical analyses and assist other team members with these tasks;
- Keep abreast of latest developments in bioinformatics tools to ensure state-of-the-art environment;
- Work as a member of a team, is responsible for organizing own time and resources. Prioritizes assigned projects and manages time accordingly. Is able to handle more than one project simultaneously
You have experience with:
- Scientific data management: ETL processes, database design, reporting;
- Experience with several scripting or programming languages. LUA is a plus;
- Data-mining experience, knowledge of scientific computing tools/ statistical software such as R, Matlab, Spotfire, etc.;
- Experience with medical device software and software for IVD (compliance, validation) is a plus;
- Experience with unit testing and software validation.
You preferably have a master's degree in one of the following domains: Informatics, Applied Mathematics, Bioinformatics and some experience in life sciences. Or a master's degree in life science with experience in computational biology.